Monday, April 21, 2014

Healing

It's been six days since my first neurosurgery. Today was my post-op appointment with my neurosurgeon, Dr. Henderson.

Is be lying if I said the last few days weren't rough.  

The morning after my surgery I walked the halls some and finally ate. Also, selfie.


was discharged about 24 hours after the surgery. I was shocked. I knew that was a possibility, but I figured I was be staying two night. I immediately went back to the hotel and crashed. 

The day after being discharged, Thursday, was the hardest. The pain and stiffness really set it. My body was learning this new position that is was forced into. It's slowly learning.

We had a mini Easter dinner that night. My dad had to leave the next day so he could go back to work. It was nice just having a holiday with Matt and my parents. There was no running to multiple houses. It was peaceful. 


Friday my dad left and I slept. Saturday we went to IKEA. Sunday was Easter. We basically laid around, eating chocolate and watching Disney movies. 


Like I said earlier, today we met with Dr. Henderson. My surgery went about as well as possible. I'm starting to get tired. I'll write about the appointment soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment