Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Matt's Birthday

Today the love of my life turned 28! I feel bad that he had to spend most of his birthday in the hospital. My parents surprised him with a cake. Unfortunately it wasn't the best because it was the only gluten free cake they could find. We sang Happy Birthday to him in my hospital room.


I'm so blessed that Matt is my husband. The last few days have been just another example of how wonderful and caring he is. 

This is what I wrote to Matt on Facebook. I'm exhausted right now. I can't keep my eyes open so I figured I'd just copy this here. Apparently this made my mother-in-law and sister-in-law cry.  

"I want to wish the biggest happy birthday ever to my incredible husband, Matt!

I truly don't know what I'd do without you. You're kind, funny, generous, patient, ridiculously intelligent, and, not to mention, as handsome as humanly possible! You are my rock and my best friend. 

Right now you're sleeping in an uncomfortable recliner next to my hospital bed. You're right by my side, like you always are. You have no idea how much that means to me. I woke up in a lot of pain last night. I looked over and saw you. It really made me feel better. The second I woke up after my surgery, you were the first thing I asked for. 

Thank you for everything. Thank you for being you. Thank you for letting me be 100% myself around you. 

I hope your 28th birthday is incredible, even though you'll be spending it all at a hospital. 

I love you times infinity."

No comments:

Post a Comment